Supplier Training Resources & FAQs
North America, Pacific and EMEA purchases are managed via Coupa – a cloud-based procure-to-pay platform. This enables us to transact completely online.
To ensure suppliers have all of the needed information to effectively and efficiently conduct business with Aon, we are pleased to offer a wide variety of training resources.
Coupa Supplier Portal
Coupa offers a robust online help site for suppliers wishing to be part of the Coupa Supplier Portal (CSP), a free resource to centrally manage any of your clients using this platform. The CSN Online Help site provides a variety of written references and video demonstrations on an array of topics – “What is the CSP?”, “How do I create catalogues?” to “How do I receive purchase orders and send invoices?” and more.
Aon has created additional content specific to our policies and practices. The quick reference materials below contain information whether your organization is utilizing the CSP or email to receive purchase orders, send invoices and credit notes.
- Targeted quick reference material
- You may choose to join a live Q&A forum* with our system administrator team; Contact our Help Desk for dates and times
*Please note the sessions are for learning and general navigation support. Queries regarding a specific purchase order or invoice will not be addressed during the sessions. For this type of assistance please contact region-specific support team: APAC, Mexico, Other Countries.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: I work with other Aon offices outside of Australia, Canada, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, UK, and the US. How do I work with these offices?
A: You will continue to work with those offices using their existing practices. At this time, only the above mentioned will use Coupa.
Q: Who do I contact if I have questions?
A: Please contact us at email@example.com in case of questions regarding purchasing practices, catalogues, submitting invoices, and more.
Q: How do I submit my invoice?
A: With the Coupa implementation, Canada, the UK, the US, New Zealand, Australia and Mexico * must receive invoices directly from the supplier. Aon colleagues cannot submit invoices on your behalf. There are three online methods available.
- Since all Aon purchases require a purchase order, a supplier is able to create an invoice directly from that purchase order. Save the email from "Coupa Notifications" that references the PO and press the big blue button in the centre of the Coupa Notifications email. You simply need to enter an invoice number, tax detail, and confirm the remittance account or address. You can also opt to receive updates about payment progress by ticking the box in the lower portion of the window.
- Join the Coupa Supplier Portal – a free resource for suppliers that keeps all of their Aon transactions in one place. If the supplier works with other organizations using Coupa, those records can also be managed from the same site.
- A final, and the least preferred option, is for the supplier (not colleague) to email their invoice to 'firstname.lastname@example.org'. This option also means you lose the ability to view payment status.
* Important for Mexico Suppliers: Due to local tax authorities’ restrictions, invoices should be submitted in .pdf and .xls formats only.
Q: What do the different payment statuses mean?
A: There are four different terms you will see if reviewing the payment status online.
- Pending approval – Awaiting approval in a queue
- Pending receipt – The business user has not yet indicated receipt (Applicable to catalogue suppliers)
- Approved – Approved for payment; You can drill down to the invoice level for more details
- Paid – Payment was issued; You will need to drill down into the invoice to see the details
Q: How do I learn more about using the Coupa Supplier Portal?
A: This file provides answers to the most common questions regarding registering for CSP, navigating the portal, acknowledging purchase orders, creating invoices, and maintaining catalogues.