Issue Based Risk Assessment
Issue-based Risk Assessments are, as their name implies, based upon a specific issue. They could, for example, be instituted in response to the high priority risks identified in the Baseline Risk Assessment, Programme Risk Assessment or even after a near miss or actual loss event. They are narrowly focused, being ‘issue-based but go into great detail in re-evaluating the risk in more depth, and in then designing suitable treatment or control strategies.
• Based upon a specific issue
• Pre-event analysis can help prevent losses
• Could be response to the high priority risks identified in other risk assessments / reports
• Narrowly focused, being ‘issue-based’
• Ultimate outcome is the design of suitable treatment/control strategies.