Paul Sykes – Managing Director
Paul is responsible for Aon’s Captive & Insurance Company management operations in Guernsey. He is also a Director of the Aon and White Rock Protected Cell Companies in Gibraltar & Malta. He jointly leads the EMEA Captive Practice Group.
Paul’s technical experience includes:
- Numerous insurance and reinsurance company start-ups
- Director on the Boards of life and general insurance captive and open market insurance and reinsurance companies
- Corporate governance expertise
- Insurance programme design
- Innovative use of PCCs and ICCs
Paul trained in underwriting and claims with Royal Insurance before joining Aon in 1993. He became head of the White Rock Group of Protected Cell Companies (PCCs) in 2003 and relocated to Gibraltar in 2006 to lead Aon’s operations in Gibraltar and Malta, returning to Guernsey in 2010. He becomes Chairman of the Guernsey International Insurance Association in 2013 and was previously chairman of the Gibraltar Insurance Association in 2010.
Paul is a graduate of York University, a Chartered Insurer and Fellow of the CII. He holds a Masters degree in Corporate Governance and subsequently became a Chartered Company Secretary.
+44 (0)1481 707901