Aon Benfield's Structured Solutions group develops alternative solutions and coverage for risks that fall outside the realm of traditional reinsurance. We assist clients by structuring reinsurance solutions that efficiently manage their capital position and provide long term cost effective protection. The team is composed of professionals with backgrounds in underwriting, actuarial science, tax, accounting, and law who work closely with our Actuarial and Rating Agency teams to develop creative reinsurance solutions based on each client's individual risk and capital position. Examples of creative solutions include Quota Share Reinsurance to facilitate statutory capital goals or satisfy Letter of Credit requirements; multiple year catastrophe reinsurance structures that offer cost efficient protection; and Aggregate Stop Loss or Adverse Development Covers to manage a client's exposure to inflation, systemic risks and adverse development on carried reserves within levels acceptable to the rating agencies.
Aon Benfield’s Structured Solutions team is the largest dedicated structured solutions division of any intermediary, specializing in alternative methods of risk transfer. The USD20 billion of premium we have placed into the reinsurance markets in the past ten years has enabled our clients to achieve a variety of corporate and strategic objectives.
Products & Tools
- RePO – a Retroactive per Occurrence Cover that allows cedents to reduce the risk of adverse development on prior year carried reserves due to increased retentions, reserve releases, inflation and other systemic risks
- CapTivate – allows MGAs, large insured and associations the ability to use reinsurance as an alternative form of capital
- Structured Cat - Structured Catastrophe Products provide cost efficient multiple year catastrophe reinsurance protection
- LPT ADC CUIS – a list of the data typically requested by reinsurers in order to evaluate Loss Portfolio Transactions and Adverse Development Covers
- Quota Share CUIS – a list of data typically requested by reinsurers in order to evaluate Structured Quota Share Transactions such as the CapTivate structure