Aon Energy Risk Engineering - Industrial Fire Protection
Fire Safety… Prevention is in Our Hands.
Fire protection engineering is defined as the application of science and engineering principles to protect people and their environments from the destructive effects of fire and smoke. The discipline of fire protection engineering includes:
- Active and passive fire protection
- Building and plant design, layout, and space planning
- Fire and explosion modeling and hazard analysis
- Risk analysis, including economic factors
Our Approach to Industrial Fire Protection
Our approach is more than just designing systems. We begin by developing an understanding of the fire and explosion hazards in order to determine the best options for either prevention or protection. Our philosophy is always prevention first. In most cases code requirements play a secondary role to insurance company requirements. Our expertise is developing practical, cost effective prevention and protections options based on our years of knowledge in understanding fire and explosion hazards. It is important to consider the facility’s emergency response capability when determining options.
Fire Protection Engineering Services
Aon Energy Risk Engineering specializes in a complete range of industrial fire protection engineering services including:
- Fire Protection and Prevention Philosophy – Develop a Fire and Life Safety Master Plan to address codes, requirements, and alternative approaches to fire protection and life safety objectives that integrate into a facility’s overall hazard management system.
- Hazard Identification – Identify and define the hazards in order to provide a better foundation to determine the benefits of certain fire protection strategies such as passive versus active fire protection systems or code driven requirements versus cost/benefit recommendations as well as fire protection pre-incident planning.
- Code Analysis – Determine conformance with applicable codes and standards, such as the American Petroleum Institute (API) and the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA).
- Systems Design – Creative, cost-effective fire detection and fire suppression system specification design and performance testing for a wide array of areas, including process units, LPG loading, product storage, offshore facilities, NGL, HF mitigation and pipeline terminals.
- Fire Pump and Deluge System Testing – Ensuring compliance with applicable standards regarding acceptance testing and annual testing of fire pumps and deluge systems.
- Water Supply System Analysis, Testing, and Design – Using a unique methodology and state-of-the-art equipment, Aon is able to construct and calibrate hydraulic models of large fire/process water distribution systems. Aon is able to track and capture massive amounts of data during flow testing activities, in which the flows and pressures are continuously measured through non-intrusive means.
- Audits and Surveys – Evaluations of buildings and facilities to identify deficiencies and provide corrective solutions to limit losses involving fire safety and property protection.