Aon Energy Risk Engineering - Underwriting Services
Mitigate Total Cost of Insurable Risk.
Insurers and reinsurers place ever increasing demands on business leaders to demonstrate a commitment to risk management through the use of the most appropriate risk engineering techniques. The oil and gas, petrochemical, power, construction and mining industries have unique risk issues but share a requirement for best in class risk engineering.
Aon Energy Risk Engineering is a leading provider of energy risk surveys for insurance and reinsurance purposes. Recognized as thought leaders by all key insurance markets, Aon’s global team of professional chartered engineers draws upon experience in industry as well as in the underwriting and broking communities.
Insurance and Reinsurance Services
Aon Energy Risk Engineering provides insurance and reinsurance underwriters with an objective engineering survey service that will address all insurance policy exposures in the energy sector. These services include:
- Property and business interruption and underwriting reports
- Desk top reviews of survey reports and insurer recommendations
- Access to technical support
Aon Energy Risk Engineering has developed risk profile formats, risk rating systems, recommendation grading methods and valuation systems that are recognized throughout the insurance markets as being fair and equitable to insured parties, while providing clear risk indicators to insurers.
- Use of a proprietary Risk Rating Matrix, allowing clients to benchmark their risk profile against relevant standards, and allowing insurers to partner in the goal of continuous improvement
- Use of ExTool as a primary modeling methodology for the assessment of estimated maximum losses (EMLs). ExTool is the most widely accepted EML model in the global insurance market, and is used by Aon’s risk engineers as a guide in this critically important facet of risk management
- An innovative range of e-tools and data management capabilities including Aon GPS, an internet-based risk survey reporting platform, and a proprietary loss database used to assist clients in the consideration of “what-if” scenarios
- Provision of a risk improvement strategy, detailing and categorizing recommendations to allow the client to consider each item from an operational, strategic and financial perspective, and to plan appropriately for capital expenditure