Aon’s sports team will help you manage risk effectively and arrange cover based on your specific needs. With significant depth of knowledge and experience across the sports industry, we can tailor innovative solutions for you.
Insurance services for the world of sport
As a team we work with a wide range of organisations in the sports industry, including:
- Professional sports clubs
- Individual sporting professionals, agents and financial advisors
- International and national sports governing bodies
- International, national and local sporting event organisers
- Sports associations
Sports Specific Products
Using our knowledge and understanding of the sports industry and the risks it faces we have developed insurance products which are designed specifically to meet those needs.
- Career Ending Insurance - protection for individual players from loss of current and future earnings following death or disablement
- Temporary Disablement/Income Protection Insurance – protection from a loss of earnings during period of injury
- Personal Accident insurance - protection for sporting professionals or officials against the financial losses resulting from a serious or career-ending injury
- Sports Federation Liability insurance - public liability, errors & omissions and directors and officers liability for international and national sports governing bodies
- Motorsport Insurance Solutions - on-track physical damage, storage and transit and personal accident insurance for professional teams and organisations, vehicle manufacturers, competitors, event organisers, sponsors and individuals operating with the motorsport industry
- Sports Travel Insurance - medical expenses and travel cover for all persons travelling on behalf of sports team, clubs or governing bodies.
- Contingent Medical Expenses - covers sports governing bodies or event organisers against medical expenses they incur on behalf of their participants who fail to effect adequate travel insurance
- Property Insurance - “all risks” cover for specialist equipment such as scoring systems or recording and broadcast equipment.
- Stadium Insurance - commercial all risks insurance for property and business interruption for stadia, offices, training grounds or other properties operated by the Insured
- Directors & Officers Insurance - protects individual directors and officers of companies for civil damages and legal costs incurred in defending wrongful acts
- Event Cancellation - protecting event organisers and rights holders against financial loss following the cancellation, postponement, curtailment, abandonment, relocation of the planned event
- Event Liability - public liability cover for event organisers
- Contractual Bonus Insurance - insurance against a prize or incentive bonus being awarded to a professional sports team or athlete upon achieving a specified feat
- Private Household, Motor and Healthcare – personal lines insurances specifically designed for sporting professionals
- Kidnap and Ransom - protects against the risk of kidnap for ransom, extortion, wrongful detention and hijack. Includes: threat mitigation guidelines; financial cover; and guaranteed and unlimited access to specialist response consultants
- Risk Management - an award winning approach using a highly interactive workshop, and producing a report focusing on the risks which may affect event organisers or sport governing bodies
- Transmission Failure – to protect broadcasters, rights holders or event organisers where contracts make them responsible for loss of revenue due to failure of the TV broadcast.
- Broadcasters E&O – Legal Liability for financial loss resulting from a negligent act error or omission in connection with the broadcast of a major sporting event e.g. Olympics
Last updated 06 January 2016
Aon UK Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in respect of insurance mediation activities only. FP5594