Junior Actuary Reinsurance Solutions - Diegem
Our client base includes the major insurance companies and pension funds for which we act as broker for the placement and structuring of their reinsurance contracts. In order to provide a quality service, we invest in innovative analytics including market analysis, catastrophe analysis, actuarial and other studies to fully support our clients in capital related transactions. Reinsurance Solutions operates worldwide and is the market leader in its field of activity. With a network of more than 80 offices in 50 countries, we can offer our clients a wide range of knowledge and services.
You will work within our team of actuaries on client related projects and general market studies. Depending on the scope of the projects this can be done together with our international colleagues. For many of these projects, risk models will have to be created to substantiate and quantify the effective risk transfer from insurer to reinsurer: how much risk is transferred and at what price? These analyses are done on our own software platform which allows to make stochastic projections and analyze the impact of reinsurance.
- Master’s degree in Actuarial Sciences;
- A knowledge or affinity for computer programs (SAS, Python, C++, Visual Basic) is a plus;
- Strong mathematical foundation with strong interest in statistics;
- Strong interest in working with numbers;
- Independent & accurate team player with a great sense of analysis and synthesis and with a knack for making complex concepts understandable and presenting them in a clear and efficient manner to audiences from diverse backgrounds;
- Fluent (spoken and written) in English and native French and/or Dutch.
- Knowledge of Solvency II and Belgian insurance legislation.
- An attractive salary with extra-legal benefits and the opportunity to follow extensive training.
- A supportive local team that can provide the necessary assistance and training.
- A highly dynamic work environment where theory and practice support each other.
- An international network.
You want to know more about this vacancy? Apply directly to the market leader and send your detailed CV by email to email@example.com.