Commercial Risk Solutions Apprenticeship Programme
What is the Insurance Practitioner Apprenticeship Programme?
The Insurance Practitioner Apprenticeship is an ‘earn and learn’ degree programme that combines on-the-job training with academic study. Developed by The Insurance Institute and representatives from across the industry, the three-year programme leads to a BA (Hons) in Insurance Practice from IT Sligo.
What can you expect as an Aon Apprentice?
The Aon Apprenticeship Programme provides an outstanding opportunity to develop the skills, knowledge and behaviors to become a valuable contributor to the success of our business while developing your own rewarding career as an Insurance Professional.
Don’t take our word for it – check out what our inaugural apprentice has to say about her experience so far! Click Here
The academic element of the programme includes online lectures, some face to face teaching and some group work during each semester. This typically totals 1 day per week, facilitated within Aon’s premises.
You will be assigned an assessor to mark and confirm the achievement of learning outcomes, and a Mentor to guide and support you through the three year programme.
Aon apprentices also have full access to the online repository of training courses held on Aon University, providing access to an additional training in a wide range of skills.
The programme will facilitate a number of rotations to facilitate a rounded learning experience as part of a Global Broking team; gaining insight and in-depth knowledge to the solutions that Aon offers its clients.
- Supporting Account Directors and Servicers will ensure exposure to experienced professionals and a broad product and market knowledge
- Participation and attendance in client/broker meetings
- Gaining insights to various clients and their specific requirements
What we’re looking for:
The insurance industry apprenticeship programme has some basic eligible criteria, outlined below. Beyond that, we’re looking for candidates who are:
- highly motivated individual with energy and drive to succeed
- are a self-starter and can demonstrate initiative
- can demonstrate an enthusiastic, positive and friendly attitude
- are interested in delivering great customer service
- can demonstrate that you are a good team player, ability to build and maintain relationships
- can demonstrate integrity in the work you undertake
- are resilient to change and can demonstrate flexibility in how you approach work
- have an inquisitive mind and enjoy asking questions to learn
Are you Eligible? Do you meet the below Criteria?
- A minimum of 4 grades 4o6/H7 and 2 grade H5 or higher Leaving Certificate subjects.
- Leaving Certificate subjects must include Mathematics and English or Irish.
- With English or Irish with O6/H7 and Mathematics with F2/O6/H7.
- A minimum of 140 points is required for entry to all Level 8 courses.
- Some work experience in a professional capacity would be a distinct advantage.
- Mature applicants (defined as those who are over 23 on 1 January of the year of entry) do not require the above minimum entry requirements and acceptance will be based on experiential learning, commitment to course objectives and an interview.
- Under the top of that page “What is the Insurance Practitioner Apprenticeship Programme” can you please add after the final sentence: “Further details can be found at www.earnandlearn.ie.
How to Apply
Once you’ve found your stream of choice and programme that best suits you, please apply by sending an updated CV and Cover Letter, outlining your suitability to firstname.lastname@example.org and including which of our Early Careers Programmes you wish to apply for in the subject line.