Client Management Apprenticeship
Passionate about going above and beyond for clients? You’ll fit right in here at Aon as a client management apprentice. Providing vital support to senior team members, you’ll make an immediate impact as you explore our business, develop your professional skills and build a valuable network of contacts. Plus — on top of your salary and benefits — we’ll give you full support to study for your professional qualifications. What better way to kickstart your career?
Hundreds of UK employers — from FTSE 100 companies to ambitious up-and-coming firms — turn to our retirement and investment business for advice on running pension schemes. As a client management apprentice, no two days are the same; you’ll be involved in supporting client management activities, ensuring employers’ pension schemes are run efficiently and more.
Birmingham, Bristol, Epsom, Farnborough, Leeds, St Albans and Manchester
- 104 UCAS points from your top 3 A Levels (or equivalent) or 260 UCAS points for exams sat prior to 2017 (excluding General Studies) i.e. BCC
- 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade 4 or above, including Maths and English, or 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade A*- C if taken prior to change in grading system in the UK.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of the value of customer service
- Aptitude for teamwork, planning and organising
- Keen desire to build on your basic understanding of the retirement business and progress quickly in your career
- Professional attitude
- Supporting the delivery of client plans and project management
- Assisting in day-to-day retirement services, including drafting reports and newsletters for trustees
- Attending and planning face-to-face client meetings and conference calls, taking minutes and managing the follow-up actions
- Playing an active part in delivering client satisfaction, retention and profitability
- Carrying out administrative tasks that contribute to the retirement and investment consulting process
- Inputting data accurately to maintain management information
During your apprenticeship, you’ll be surrounded by inspiring business leaders and senior colleagues — so we encourage you to make the most of every networking opportunity.
The key early relationships you’ll build will include:
- Your Apprentice network – You'll meet apprentices from all areas of Aon in the UK, who will help you navigate our business and grow your support network
- Your mentor – We’ll pair you with an experienced colleague who can help you with career guidance, specific issues or any general queries you have
- Business seniors – Many experienced colleagues will be actively interested and involved in your development
- The Early Careers Team – They’re here to offer support, and advise you on developing your knowledge, skills and prospects
After the apprenticeship, what’s next?
Once you’ve completed your apprenticeship, you’ll continue to receive lots of support from Aon. To build on your experience and help you develop into a consultant, we’ll give you access to a variety of interactive training sessions.
You’ll also have the chance to explore different career paths. You may want to focus on client-facing roles — for example, alongside our scheme secretarial consultants — or you might decide to develop Aon's offerings as part of our internal support teams. Whichever route you choose, we’ll provide support and training at every step, giving you the tools you need to become an exceptional consultant.
- Stream 1:
- Stream 2:
Client Management Apprenticeship
- Stream 3:
Insurance and Reinsurance Apprenticeship
- Stream 4:
Investment Consulting Apprenticeship
- Stream 5:
Employee Benefits Apprenticeship