Interested in launching a career in Cyber?
Locations: New York, Chicago, Seattle, Los Angeles, Washington DC, Boston, Minneapolis, Charlotte, Dallas
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions supporting Risk.
This role falls under Aon’s early career development program, known as Launch. Building on the development colleagues receive in the role they are hired into, Aon provides supplemental development for recent college recruits through this program to help jumpstart your career.
Aon was recently voted one of the Best Employers for New Grads by Forbes! We are proud to be a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement, and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver creative and insightful solutions that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Recruiting Timeline FALL 2022
- September – October 14h: Applications accepted
- APPLICATIONS DUE BY: October 14th
- October – First Round Interviews
- November – Final round interviews and offers extended
- August 2023 – Cyber Associate Program begins
The Cyber Associate Program is a nine-month rotational program, beginning in August 2023 where you will be introduced to Aon’s innovative cyber capabilities and services. This full-time position with a competitive salary and benefits will provide you with a rare opportunity to experience working in three cyber specializations.
Upon completing the rotational program, assuming you have successfully met the performance expectations of the business, you will be placed as a Consultant in one of our disciplines, based on your preferences, your managers’ recommendations, and the firm’s business needs. Associates work side-by-side with our existing employees, across our global offices, gaining exposure to client-facing assignments. You will learn from colleagues with robust technical and legal backgrounds, many of whom contributed directly to developing the foundations of cyber-focused law enforcement.
You’ll get the opportunity to explore several areas of Aon’s cyber business including: information security – digital forensics, penetration testing, incident response (i.e., working with an organization in response to a cyber-attack), security advisory (i.e., proactively identifying vulnerabilities and remediation), and solutions development (i.e. building innovative tools and technology to support the Cyber business and our clients)
Aon is always working towards maximizing the health of our clients’ organizations, ensuring their longevity, protection, and resilience. Your work will play a crucial part in helping our teams deliver the best service to our clients and ensuring that we help them reach their goals.
From the very beginning of the program, we will immerse you in learning activities focused on boosting your business and client management skills and equipping you with technical qualifications. You’ll also be exposed to a wide variety of technical environments and enterprise networks while working alongside our experienced technologists.
*Please note, there is the potential for candidates to forgo the Rotational Program and be placed directly into a particular practice. This is dependent upon the candidate’s skills, experience, and interests as well as availability within the practice.
- Perform tasks related to technical consulting engagements involving digital forensics, incident response and information security.
- Help identify clients’ risks related to internal IT infrastructure, publicly available IT assets and other relevant attack surfaces.
- Perform Web/Mobile Application and Network Penetration Testing to include vulnerability identification and exploitation.
- Learn how to triage source code for security vulnerabilities and exploit them in live applications using SAST and DAST tools.
- Evaluate and maintain proficiency with industry standard tools and practices.
- Preserve and analyze data from laptop and desktop computers, servers, and mobile devices.
- Design, develop, document, analyze, test and modify computer systems & programs.
- Conduct statistical analysis of large data sets and other investigative components of cases.
- Learn to present sophisticated technical matters and analysis clearly and concisely.
- Help uncover causes of clients’ network intrusions/data breaches and increase knowledge of malware.
- Aid in the development of IT security risk metrics.
- Research and pilot security software (commercial and open-source).
- Assist in developing proprietary tools and programs to aid in matters of forensic analysis, network incident response, and penetration testing.
- Work alongside our physical security specialists, digital forensic examiners and data breach specialists.
- Stay up-to-date on the current regulatory environment, industry trends and related implications.
- Build understanding around methods of cyber crime and employ this knowledge to help guide investigations and institute preventative solutions.
- Develop and broaden skills through training and research.
- Participate in in-house training sessions.
- Suggest and pursue firm-enhancing projects that draw on your skills and academic interests.
What Are We looking for
We are aiming to recruit a diverse group of talent whose varying experiences, backgrounds and strengths can help Aon offer the most innovative solutions.
Education and Application Information
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Security, Engineering, Digital Forensics or other quantitative analysis focused majors. Applicants for this role should graduate between December 2022 – May 2023 and have a GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Knowledge of computer networking technologies.
- Familiarity with computer system hardware and software.
- Strong analytic, qualitative and quantitative reasoning skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, plus attention to details.
- Solid understanding of MS Office, and familiarity with Windows, Macintosh, and Linux operation systems.
Desired Knowledge and Expertise
- Proficiency with C++, Java, C#, Python, or SQL— Assembly languages are a plus.
- Experience setting up a testing lab with vulnerable services and performed ethical hacking/penetration testing techniques.
- Creative problem solving
- Exceptional work ethic; high level of professionalism and commitment to ethical standards.
- Motivated and positive mentality.
- Flexibility to collaborate or work independently; to grasp new concepts quickly and adapt to changing priorities; and to travel globally, as client work may demand short notice travel.
How We Support Our Colleagues
In addition to our comprehensive benefits package, we encourage a diverse workforce. Plus, our agile, inclusive environment allows you to manage your wellbeing and work/life balance, ensuring you can be your best self at Aon. Furthermore, all colleagues enjoy two “Global Wellbeing Days” each year, encouraging you to take time to focus on yourself. We offer a variety of working style solutions, but we also recognize that flexibility goes beyond just the place of work… and we are all for it. We call this Smart Working!
Our continuous learning culture inspires and equips you to learn, share and grow, helping you achieve your fullest potential. As a result, at Aon, you are more connected, more relevant, and more valued.
Aon values an innovative, diverse workplace where all colleagues feel empowered to be their authentic selves. Aon is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, domestic partner status, or other legally protected status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer. People with criminal histories are encouraged to apply.
We provide individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable law. Please contact us to request an accommodation on ReasonableAdjustments@Aon.com