Interested in launching a career in Cyber?
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions supporting Risk.
This role falls under Aon’s early career development program, known as Launch. Building on the development colleagues receive in the role they are hired into, Aon provides supplemental development for recent college recruits through this program to help jumpstart your career.
Aon was recently voted one of the Best Employers for New Grads by Forbes! We are proud to be a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver creative and insightful solutions that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Recruiting Timeline FALL 2021
- September – October 16th: Applications accepted
- APPLICATIONS DUE BY: October 16th
- October – First Round Interviews
- November – Final round interviews and offers extended
- August 2022 – Cyber Associate Program begins
The Cyber Associate Program is a nine-month rotational program, beginning in August 2022 where you will be introduced to Aon’s innovative cyber capabilities and services. This full-time position with a competitive salary and benefits will provide you with a rare opportunity to experience working in three cyber specializations.
Upon completing the rotational program, assuming you have successfully met the performance expectations of the business, you will be placed as a Consultant in one of our disciplines, based on your preferences, your managers’ recommendations, and the firm’s business needs. Associates work side-by-side with our existing employees, across our global offices, gaining exposure to client-facing assignments. You will learn from colleagues with robust technical and legal backgrounds, many of whom contributed directly to developing the foundations of cyber-focused law enforcement.
You’ll get the opportunity to explore several areas of Aon’s cyber business including: information security – digital forensics, penetration testing, incident response (i.e., working with an organization in response to a cyber-attack), security advisory (i.e., proactively identifying vulnerabilities and remediation), and solutions development (i.e. building innovative tools and technology to support the Cyber business and our clients).
Aon is always working towards maximizing the health of our clients’ organizations, ensuring their longevity, protection, and resilience. Your work will play a crucial part in helping our teams deliver the best service to our clients and ensuring that we help them reach their goals.
From the very beginning of the program, we will immerse you in learning activities focused on boosting your business and client management skills and equipping you with technical qualifications. You’ll also be exposed to a wide variety of technical environments and enterprise networks while working alongside our experienced technologists.
*Please note, there is the potential for candidates to forgo the Rotational Program and be placed directly into a particular practice. This is dependent upon the candidate’s skills, experience, and interests as well as availability within the practice.
- Perform tasks related to technical consulting engagements involving digital forensics, incident response and information security.
- Help identify clients’ risks related to internal IT infrastructure, publicly available IT assets and other relevant attack surfaces.
- Perform Web/Mobile Application and Network Penetration Testing to include vulnerability identification and exploitation.
- Learn how to triage source code for security vulnerabilities and exploit them in live applications using SAST and DAST tools.
- Evaluate and maintain proficiency with industry standard tools and practices.
- Preserve and analyze data from laptop and desktop computers, servers, and mobile devices.
- Design, develop, document, analyze, test and modify computer systems & programs.
- Conduct statistical analysis of large data sets and other investigative components of cases.
- Learn to present sophisticated technical matters and analysis clearly and concisely.
- Help uncover causes of clients’ network intrusions/data breaches and increase knowledge of malware.
- Aid in the development of IT security risk metrics.
- Research and pilot security software (commercial and open-source).
- Assist in developing proprietary tools and programs to aid in matters of forensic analysis, network incident response, and penetration testing.
- Work alongside our physical security specialists, digital forensic examiners and data breach specialists.
- Stay up-to-date on the current regulatory environment, industry trends and related implications.
- Build understanding around methods of cyber crime and employ this knowledge to help guide investigations and institute preventative solutions.
- Develop and broaden skills through training and research.
- Participate in in-house training sessions.
- Suggest and pursue firm-enhancing projects that draw on your skills and academic interests.
What are we looking for?
We are aiming to recruit a diverse group of talent whose varying experiences, backgrounds and strengths can help Aon offer the most innovative solutions.
Education & Application Information
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Security, Engineering, Digital Forensics or other quantitative analysis focused majors. Applicants for this role should graduate between December 2021 – May 2022 and have a GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Knowledge of computer networking technologies.
- Familiarity with computer system hardware and software.
- Strong analytic, qualitative and quantitative reasoning skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, plus attention to details.
- Solid understanding of MS Office, and familiarity with Windows, Macintosh, and Linux operation systems.
Desired Knowledge and Expertise
- Proficiency with C++, Java, C#, Python, or SQL— Assembly languages are a plus.
- Experience setting up a testing lab with vulnerable services and performed ethical hacking/penetration testing techniques.
- Creative problem solving abilities.
- Exceptional work ethic; high level of professionalism and commitment to ethical standards.
- Motivated and positive mentality.
- Flexibility to collaborate or work independently; to grasp new concepts quickly and adapt to changing priorities; and to travel globally, as client work may demand short notice travel.
We offer you:
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Visit us on IG @AonEarlyCareers to learn more about our culture and hear from our colleagues!
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon’s employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.