Digital Forensics & Incident Response
Graduate Certificate Incident Response, SANS Technology Institute
B.S., Computer Networks and Security, University of Maryland University College
Jon Matthews assists with the management of the firm’s technical operations in the areas of Computer Forensics, Cybercrime Response, Incident Handling, and Electronic Discovery in addition to maintaining an active caseload and supervising forensic examiners.
Jon conducts cybercrime investigations, including those related to malware, hacks, exfiltration of data, data destruction and trade secret theft.
With regards to representative engagements, Jon’s experience includes:
- Investigation into ransomware intrusion for major health care organization spanning over 50,000 endpoints. Led the forensic analysis team to map out the attack vector, systems impacted, and established the timeframe of the incident.
- Conducted numerous investigations involving breach and exfiltration of company data involving hundreds to thousands of systems per network.
- Investigation into multiple individuals who were suspected of taking proprietary data and providing to outside party. Led the forensic analysis of network logs, computer systems and mobile devices.
- Led analysis for gerrymandering investigation involving analysis of computer hard drives and external storage devices.
- Analysis of mobile device artifacts in regards to deletion of individual chats and SMS messages.