Los Angeles, CA / New York, NY
Member of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
B.S., Finance & Accounting Management, Loughborough University, UK
Samuel Willoughby is a Managing Director and serves as the Practice Leader for the Financial Investigations and Forensic Accounting practice within Aon’s Cyber Solutions.
Samuel leads the Financial Investigations and Forensic Accounting teams responsible for assisting clients prevent, prepare, and respond to financial losses following a fraud or cyber event.
Dedicated to supporting organizations prevent and prepare for financial losses caused by cyber events, including advising on necessary controls to prevent a loss and putting in place tools to detect and escalate a potential loss.
Samuel oversees the Forensic Accounting team within Cyber Solutions, dedicated to supporting Clients quantify and assess a potential Cyber Business Interruption loss, following a cyber event, as well as providing claim preparation services.
Over the past 15 years, Samuel has led financial investigations, data and analytics reviews, loss quantifications, and compliance assessments both in the US and internationally, including the UK, Norway, Germany, Argentina, Brazil, Dubai, Hong Kong, Iceland, India, Israel, Mexico, Qatar and Taiwan.
- Led parts of the Independent Compliance Monitor team for HSBC Bank. Specializing in Transaction Monitoring, Suspicious Activity Monitoring, and Financial Intelligence Analysis.
- Deployed to Iceland as part of a small team of financial specialists to investigate and assess the collapse of the Icelandic Bank following the 2010 credit crisis. Assisted in filing a $2BN complaint in the NY Courts.
- Investigation into potentially manipulative trading across a digital asset exchange. Conducting data analytics to identify wash trading and spoofing across various order books on the exchange.
- Led a transaction review lookback for a global financial institution following violations of the US BSA AML regulatory requirements.
- Financial investigation into allegations of fraud and embezzlement by a VP of Sales within a US cosmetics company.
- Cyber Business Interruption quantification following a system outage by an online trading platform.
- Financial Investigation into the loss of several billion dollars by a sovereign wealth fund following an investment in US real estate.