Digital Forensics & Incident Response
New York, NY
M.S., Oklahoma State University
B.E., Madurai Kamaraj University
Sankara Shanmugam assists with management of firm’s technical operations areas of computer forensics, electronic discovery and incident handling, in addition to maintaining an active docket of cases and supervising forensic examiners.
Sankara conducts digital forensics acquisitions and analyses of laptops, desktops, servers, phones and tablets in civil litigations, criminal matters, internal investigations and network incident response efforts.
Sankara’s experience with representative engagements includes:
- Analysis of voice recording servers for a large energy company to perform root cause analysis of significant over-recording of voice calls leading to potential issues with regulators.
- Analysis of complex trading application back-end systems to determine root cause of outage causing significant issues in the stock market.
- Investigation into the data breach of a healthcare company whose records were posted on the “Dark Web.” Led the forensic analysis team to map out the attack vector, systems and data impacted and exfiltration mechanisms.
- Analysis of mobile phone artifacts in regards to deletion of video allegedly capturing police brutality.
- Email deletion analysis for a matter involving government lawsuit related to mortgage fraud. Performed analysis and crafted rebuttal report in response to initial examiner’s unsupported findings and conclusions.