Investment Advisory Services
We realize that investment performance is a key concern for our clients, and often a critical factor in their organization’s broader success.
Our diverse client base includes pension plans (DB and DC), insurance companies, health and benefit trusts, workers’ compensation funds, First Nations trusts, government agencies, corporations, academic institutions, foundations, trusts, endowments and special purpose funds.
Aon provides a full slate of investment consulting services to our clients, including:
- Strategic investment advice on overall investment programs
- Performance measurement, attribution, and reporting
- Compliance monitoring (with respect to portfolio or mandate policy)
- Investment manager research services, including monitoring, evaluation and selection
- Evaluation of alternative assets
- Investment structure review and development
- Asset liability modelling and asset allocation reviews
- Investment policy development, documentation, and review
- Strategic asset allocation and risk management
- Investment beliefs development, documentation, and review
- Governance policies, implementation, and processes
- Education seminars
- Delegated consulting
- Education to pension/investment committees
Aon can add value to your organization by providing expert assistance in virtually any investment-related circumstance that may arise.
Why Aon for Investment Consulting?
- Extensive Experience – Our team brings a wealth of practioner experience to the table. We have considerable experience working with all types of clients and plans across Canada on a wide range of investment issues related to traditional and non-traditional asset classes.
- Manager Research – Our dedicated Global Manager Research team consists of over 100 full-time research staff stationed around the world. The team is dedicated to sourcing and compiling current investment manager intelligence and research. Many of our researchers are former portfolio managers or investment analysts, which we believe gives us a distinct edge when reviewing and assessing asset managers.
- Thought Leadership and Innovation – We consider investment research and innovation to be two of our most vital functions. They are the lifeblood of our consulting work and the backbone of our advisory positions. Our advice and positions are based on rigorous internal research combined with input from the best academic and professional experts.