Ready to make an instant impact and kickstart your career? Become an Aon actuarial apprentice, and you’ll become a key part of our world-class team from day one.
Across the UK, companies have over £2 trillion invested in pension schemes to help fund employees’ income when they stop working. It's a huge sum — but is it enough for them to meet the pensions they’ve promised their employees in the future? Having provided expert pensions advice for over 60 years, our expert actuarial teams know exactly how to help companies and trustees answer that question. Join us as an actuarial apprentice, and you’ll have the chance to work and learn alongside them.
Delivering client value drives everything we do at Aon — and it’ll drive everything you do as an apprentice here, too. You’ll play an essential role, focusing on client service administration and supporting the client management activities of more senior team members as they help our clients manage the immediate and long-term risks involved in running a pension scheme.
You'll quickly learn what we do as you build strong working relationships and develop valuable skills. In return, on top of your salary and benefits package, you'll be fully supported to study towards the Certified Actuarial Analyst Qualification. Perform strongly in your first few years, and you may also be given the chance to study towards the FIA (Fellowship and Institute of Actuaries) qualifications.
Birmingham, Bristol, Epsom, Farnborough, Glasgow, Leeds, London, Manchester and St Albans
- 104 UCAS points from your top three A Levels (or equivalent), or 260 UCAS points for exams sat prior to 2017 (excluding General Studies), i.e. ABC, including grade A or above in Maths or equivalent
- 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade 4 or above, including Maths and English, or 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade A*- C if taken prior to change in grading system in the UK.
- A keen eye for detail
- Wanting to work with numbers and perform calculations
- Familiarity with spreadsheets
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to explain complex concepts in a simple way
- Understanding the value of customer service
- Clear aptitude for teamwork, planning and organising
- Ability to manage workload while also studying for qualifications
- Positive attitude
- Team Player
Our two-year level 4 actuarial apprentice programme will provide you with the analytical and client-facing skills you need to start your career as an actuarial analyst, as well as supporting you through the first stages of the CAA (Certified Actuarial Analyst) qualification.
There will be plenty of on-the-job, business and technical training to help you develop the skills needed to provide innovative solutions that meet our clients' needs.
All of our apprenticeship roles are permanent positions with Aon, which means we invest in your long-term future from your first day. Once you’ve completed your apprenticeship, you’ll continue to grow your career as an actuarial analyst and be fully supported to finish studying toward the Certified Actuarial Analyst Qualification. Those who perform strongly in their first few years may also be given the option to study towards the FIA (Fellowship and Institute of Actuaries) qualifications.
Responsibilities will include:
- Support client-facing advisory activities through accurate actuarial calculations
- Prepare, check and analyse data, carrying out audit trails and supporting one-off projects
- Help to translate the results of our calculations and analysis into advice for our clients
- Help to ensure our work complies with external professional requirements and our own internal quality standards
- Learn quickly on the job, through formal training and from senior colleagues around you
During your apprenticeship, you’ll be surrounded by inspiring business leaders and senior colleagues — so we encourage you to make the most of every networking opportunity.
The key early relationships you’ll build will include:
- Your Apprentice network – You'll meet apprentices from all areas of Aon in the UK, who will help you navigate our business and grow your support network
- Your mentor – We’ll pair you with an experienced colleague who can help you with career guidance, specific issues or any general queries you have
- Business seniors – Many experienced colleagues will be actively interested and involved in your development
- The Early Careers Team – They’re here to offer support, and advise you on developing your knowledge, skills and prospects
After the apprenticeship, what’s next?
Once you’ve completed the formal apprenticeship, you’ll continue to receive lots of support at Aon:
- You’ll have access to a variety of interactive training sessions, designed to supplement your experience and help you develop into a consultant.
- We’ll give you the opportunity to explore different career paths. You may choose to specialise in advising trustee clients, or in advising corporate pension scheme sponsors. You’ll also have the chance to join and develop a role in one of Aon's specialist teams, such as the industry-leading risk settlement group, and become a specialist in a field of your choice. Whichever route you choose, we’ll provide support and training at every step, giving you the tools you need to become a market-leading consultant.
- Stream 1:
- Stream 2:
Client Management Apprenticeship
- Stream 3:
Insurance and Reinsurance Apprenticeship
- Stream 4:
Investment Consulting Apprenticeship
- Stream 5:
Employee Benefits Apprenticeship