Investment Consulting Apprenticeship
At Aon, we’ve been advising employers and governments on their pension schemes and other assets — totalling around $3 trillion — for over 60 years. Join us as an investment consulting apprentice, and step into life as a valued member of our world-class team of experts, working across everything from setting investment strategies and day-to-day investment management to corporate transactions and asset transfers. This is your opportunity to immerse yourself in our fast-paced, inclusive culture and learn from the best.
Bristol, Leeds, Birmingham, Edinburgh and London
Get ready to make an instant impact as you demonstrate your passion for financial markets and problem solving. You'll quickly learn what we do, as you build strong working relationships and develop valuable skills. In return, we’ll place you in a permanent role from day one and support you in completing our two-year level 4 investment consultant apprentice programme, and the IMC (Investment Management Certificate) qualification. These courses will give you the communication and client-facing skills you’ll need for a successful, long-running career as an investment consultant.
There will be plenty of on-the-job, business and technical training to help you develop the skills needed to provide innovative solutions that meet our clients' needs.
- Support client-facing advisory activities through accurate investment calculations
- Prepare and check data, carrying out audit trails and supporting one-off projects
- Carrying out administrative tasks that contribute to the retirement and investment consulting process
- Help to ensure our work complies with external professional requirements and our own internal quality standards
- Learn quickly on the job, through formal training and from senior colleagues around you
- Support the delivery of client-facing plan management activities and project deliverables
- Input data accurately to maintain management information
During your apprenticeship, you’ll be surrounded by inspiring business leaders and senior colleagues – so we encourage you to make the most of every networking opportunity.
The key early relationships you’ll build will include:
- Your apprentice network. You'll meet apprentices from all areas of Aon in the UK, who will help you navigate our business and grow your support network
- Your mentor. We’ll pair you with an experienced colleague who can help you with career guidance, specific issues or any general queries you have
- Business seniors. Many experienced colleagues will be actively interested and involved in your development
- The early careers team. They’re here to offer support, and advise you on developing your knowledge, skills and prospects
- 104 UCAS points from your top 3 A Levels (or equivalent), or 260 UCAS points for exams sat prior to 2017 (excluding General Studies) i.e. BCC
- 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade 4 or above, including Maths and English, or 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade A*- C if taken prior to change in grading system in the UK.
- A keen eye for detail
- Familiarity with spreadsheets
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- True understanding the value of customer service
- Clear aptitude for teamwork, planning and organising
- Positive attitude
- Team player
After the apprenticeship, what’s next?
Thanks to the wide range of services we offer our clients, there’s no such thing as a typical career path at Aon. That’s why, during the apprenticeship, you’ll be encouraged to explore opportunities across the business. This may involve joining specialist content teams, where you can develop specific expertise and experience outside of the core role. Future career paths can also include combinations of client consulting roles, people leadership, content leadership and working within solutions teams.
- Stream 1:
- Stream 2:
Client Management Apprenticeship
- Stream 3:
Insurance and Reinsurance Apprenticeship
- Stream 4:
Investment Consulting Apprenticeship
- Stream 5:
Employee Benefits Apprenticeship