2016 Retirement and Investment Webinar Series
November 29, 2016 - From Thoughts to Action: Perspectives from our Clients
Throughout our 2016 webinar series, Aon Hewitt has been sharing stories and data about how the retirement landscape is changing.
Join us to hear from senior executives who have taken steps to improve retirement plans and financial wellbeing benefits at their organizations:
- Don Buben, Director, Benefits, The Home Depot will discuss his company's efforts to build a financial wellbeing program.
- John Clark, EVP General Counsel & CAO, Acument Global Technologies will share the insight and decision-making process behind his company's decision to purchase annuities for participants in their defined benefit plan.
Join us on Tuesday, November 29 from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. CT for our upcoming webinar, From Thoughts to Action: Perspectives from our Clients.
October 25, 2016 - What Are Your Employees thinking?
Your employees face a myriad of financial demands – from managing day-to-day expenses, to planning and saving for the future. Yet many are buried by debt, struggling to balance financial needs with their desires – all while wondering if they’ll ever have enough to retire. Understanding the employee perspective is more vital than ever before when it comes to offering retirement benefits and programs that resonant with your employees and help them improve their financial wellbeing.
Join us for our upcoming webinar, What Are Your Employees Thinking? Understanding the Financial Mindset, as we share insights based on Aon Hewitt’s latest research study, The Financial Mindset® Study, including:
- Perspectives. Find out what employees are thinking when it comes to their finances, including how many employees describe themselves as “financially savvy” but couldn’t correctly answer 4 out of 5 basic financial questions.
- Behaviors. Learn what employees are doing – or not doing – such as how many people think they need at least $1 million to retire comfortably, yet have balances under $250,000.
- Guidance. Discover where employees turn for help and what they want from their employers, such as education about something most of them are investing in these days.
In addition to our key findings, we will share practical actions that employers can take to meet their employees where they are and help them improve their overall financial wellbeing.
July 19 & 20, 2016 - Global Retirement Management: Brexit Implications
The UK's decision to leave the European Union (EU), or Brexit, has implications for retirement plans around the world. Brexit has created near-term volatility in markets and falls in global long-term government bond yields, pushing up global retirement plan deficits. It's expected that investment markets will remain susceptible to increased volatility for the next few years while the UK's EU exit terms are negotiated.
On July 19 and 20, Aon's global experts hosted an internationally-focused webinar looking at the potential implications of Brexit on retirement plans around the world, as well as the new European Pensions Directive (IORP II) in relation to plans in the European Economic (EEA).
International organizations with DB and DC retirement plans in multiple countries should listen to the replay as we discuss a range of topics:
- Our views on developing economic and investment conditions – what does this mean for global pension plan investment and hedging strategies?
- The implications of Brexit-driven volatility and falling yields in major occupational pension markets, for example UK, Netherlands, Ireland, Germany, Switzerland, USA, Canada, Japan. What does this mean for pension plan sponsors and employees?
- Bringing it all together: how should global companies respond?
- Implementing a global governance structure, taking into account requirements of IORPII?
The webinars included contributions from leaders and experts from Aon's Global Retirement & Investment practice and are expected to last an hour with an opportunity to ask questions at the end.
June 28, 2016 - The Shifting Retirement Benefits Landscape
Retirement programs are changing and retirement income of the future will look much different from what retirees receive today. Have you ever wondered what's caused this change? We have answers. Encourage your clients to register for our upcoming webinar, The Shifting Retirement Benefits Landscape, on Tuesday, June 28 from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. as we share insights into influences of the past decade based on Aon Hewitt’s extensive data.
June 7, 2016 - A Deep Dive Into ERISA's Fiduciary Rules - What Do They Mean for Plan Sponsors
Recently, the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) issued final rules defining who qualifies as an investment advice fiduciary under ERISA and the Internal Revenue Code. While the new rules will be effective June 7 (but applicable later), they will require the attention of plan sponsors and their advisers. The new fiduciary rules may necessitate changes in such areas as investment education, participant support, third-party advisory services, and plan governance over the coming months. Join us for a closer look at the new rules and what impact they may have on you as a plan sponsor, including the practical next steps for plan sponsors to consider.
May 17, 2016 - The DC Decumulation Challenge: A Global View
While the growth and development of defined contribution plans vary from market to market, every country and plan provider is challenged with how best to guide plan participants in converting their accumulated plan savings into income that will support them in retirement.
This webinar will consider the objectives and typical trade-offs involved, and provide a truly global view into how different countries are approaching this challenge, and provide real-time insights from our global Aon Hewitt thought-leaders and clients on how they are thinking about and taking on this challenge. This webinar will provide food for thought that will help you navigate the optimization of plan features that efficiently address decumulation, from plan design through to retirement readiness.
March 22, 2016 - Pension Annuity Settlements: Why Are There So Many People Involved?
Global financial uncertainty and regulatory changes in the pension market are adding daily pressure for plan sponsors. Pension annuity settlements are a vehicle to solve for this challenge and the transaction activity continues to grow - reporting $3.8 billion in 2013 and rising to $13.4 billion in 2015. Do you want to learn more about how others are developing and implementing comprehensive de-risking strategies? And who you need to talk with at which point in the process?
During Aon Hewitt’s pension annuity settlements webinar on Tuesday, March 22, 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. CST., Ari Jacobs led a diverse panel of industry experts responsible for developing solutions that effectively navigate these highly complex transactions.
- Ari Jacobs, Senior Partner, Global Retirement Solutions, Aon Hewitt
- Kevin Noble, Partner, Jones Day
- Glenn O’Brien, Managing Director and Head of U.S. Distribution Pension Risk Transfer, Prudential
- Jennifer Peyrot, Benefit Service Manager, Aon Hewitt
- Denise Sisk, Managing Director and Head of Independent Fiduciary Services, State Street Global Advisors
January 26, 2016 - A Look into the Crystal Ball: How Retirement Plans and Financial Well-Being Programs will Evolve in 2016
Join us as we discuss findings and insights from Aon Hewitt’s new report, 2016 Hot Topics in Retirement and Financial Well-Being, to help answer questions such as:
- What types of tools and services are companies offering to workers to help improve their financial well-being?
- How are employers preparing for the increased wave of retirements that the baby boomers will bring?
- What steps are employers taking to help workers keep money earmarked for retirement?
If you elect to comment or engage with our content via third-party social media websites, you authorize Aon to have access to certain social media profile information. Please click here to learn more about information that may be collected when using these tools on Aon.com