The Washington Report
January 29, 2020
EEOC Releases FY 2019 Enforcement and Litigation Data
On January 24, 2020, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) released detailed breakdowns for the 72,675 charges of workplace discrimination the agency received in Fiscal Year (FY) 2019. The comprehensive enforcement and litigation statistics for FY 2019, which ended September 30, 2019, are posted on the agency’s website, which also includes a detailed breakdown of charges by state. The FY 2019 data show that retaliation continued to be the most frequently filed charge, followed by disability, race, and sex.
The news release is available here.
The Enforcement and Litigation Statistics are available here.
Now Available: Retirement Legal Consulting & Compliance Quarterly Update
The Retirement Legal Consulting & Compliance practice is pleased to present its Quarterly Update of recent legal developments for the first quarter of 2020. In this issue you will find the following articles:
- SECURE Act Becomes Law in Year-End Spending Bill
- Spending Deal Benefits Retiree Medical Programs
- Keeping up With Compliance!
- No Change to Retirement Plan Withholding in 2020
- IRS Guidance Extends Deadline for Hardship Withdrawal Plan Amendments
- DOL Proposes to Allow Website Posting of ERISA Disclosures
- Court Sides With Private Equity Funds Over Teamsters
- Quarterly Roundup of Other New Developments
- Recent Publications
The first quarter 2020 issue of the Retirement Legal Consulting & Compliance Quarterly Update is available here.
If you elect to comment or engage with our content via third-party social media websites, you authorize Aon to have access to certain social media profile information. Please click here to learn more about information that may be collected when using these tools on Aon.com