Environmental Risk Management
All companies – not just those directly involved with hazardous materials – are vulnerable to exposure to the cost and liabilities of environmental risk. Aon’s global environmental services group (Aon ESG) can analyse, quantify, mitigate, and transfer your company’s risks to give you coverage tailored to protect and benefit your business. Analysis of your potential exposure to environmental risk can identify at-risk operations, liabilities related to purchase or sale, compliance with regulations and potential remediation.
Benefit from our specialised knowledge
Environmental insurance brokerage and risk management consulting requires specialised skills, knowledge and relationships. With Aon you get:
- an insurance broker and risk management consultant who understands your business and can articulate your requirements to insurers
- experienced professionals to help you develop a creative, cost-effective programme that provides protection from environmental risks
- a skilled insurance broker to develop an effective strategy to market your insurance programme aggressively with qualified insurers
- professionals skilled in developing customised policies that protect your company’s operation and financial results
How we work
Using a multi-disciplinary approach comprising engineering, legal and risk management, we help identify environmental exposures and assess liability potential including:
- bodily injury, property damage, clean-up, and legal defense costs associated with known and unknown pollution conditions
- global operational exposures
- legacy environmental liabilities including balance sheet impacts
- property acquisition and divestiture liabilities
- carbon emissions, carbon footprinting, carbon credit verification and other greenhouse gas and global warming topics
- green buildings and green building certification support schemes
We will also explore risk transfer options and can help enhance existing environmental programmes, or suggest specific environmental risk management protocol. Other services include claims advocacy, policy maintenance and administration.
The Aon ESG business approach
The key to our business model is collecting, evaluating, and providing information on all material environmental risks, the relationships among the various parties involved, and the goals and objectives of those we insure. This helps us obtain the optimal terms and conditions from insurers.
Last updated 29 May 2012
Aon UK Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. FP5559