Natural resources risk management
Globalisation and consolidation mean that new, hidden risks can stop your natural resource company from maximising returns. Aon's natural resources risk management team can help your organisation identify, assess and mitigate these risks.
Why choose Aon?
With Aon, you can benefit from the expertise of dedicated natural resources professionals. We understand the unique environments in which natural resource companies operate. And we are experienced in controlling the cost of insurance cover and minimising the financial impact of exposures inherent in natural resource operations.
What areas of natural resource risk can Aon help with?
We specialise in helping you identify, evaluate, understand and successfully manage all areas of natural resource risk. These include:
- control of well
- advance loss of profits
- sabotage and terrorism
What areas of unseen natural resource risk can Aon help with?
We can also help identify unseen natural resource risks including:
- environmental risk – perceived global warming and other natural phenomena can be assessed and in some cases mitigated
- operational risk – fire, blow out, explosion and business interruption can be insured.
legal risk – including corporate governance, joint venture disputes, contract risk negotiation, directors’ and officers’ liability, etc
- political and regulatory risk – many natural resources companies are significantly exposed to kidnap and ransom, antitrust/collusion, transmission confiscation, tariff/PUC risks, regulatory FERC risks and environmental/CAA & MGP exposures
- human capital – including the loss of a key employee or associated loss of intellectual property, failure to comply with best employment practices, and incidents involving workplace violence
- financial risk – financial and economic risks such as fluctuations in stock market values, commodity prices, interest rates and exchange rates can affect a natural resource company’s performance
Aon UK Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in respect of insurance mediation activities only. FPGBCE0005