Aon’s Client IQ Series: Business Interruption Insurance
9:30am - 11:00am
These sessions are an ideal introduction to insurance for individuals who have recently become involved in their firm’s insurance programme or are looking to refresh their knowledge.
Aon’s technical training team will provide an overview of Business Interruption insurance.
The session will examine how damage to commercial premises and property can result in significant delay and disruption to business activities, with consequent loss of revenue and, potentially, the business itself.
These risks can often be mitigated by the arrangement of appropriate insurance and the presentation will include a look at what can be covered (and what may not be), together with a study of various extensions and additional covers that are available to businesses.
The session will also include an explanation of key terms and concepts specific to this area of insurance.
Some areas covered:
- The different insurance options and needs facing different business types.
- Issues surrounding business costs when setting limits and sums to be Insured.
- The operation of the policy and certain significant terms and conditions.
- The importance of selecting a sufficient Maximum Indemnity Period.
- (Additional) Increased Costs of Working insurance.
- Common Business Interruption extensions and additional covers available.
- Getting the right cover in place to cater for individual factors such as company interdependencies.
- Benefits of Business Interruption reviews and the importance of Business Continuity Plans.
Guests will leave the session with a greater understanding of the main areas for consideration when looking to protect the ability of firms to continue trading following loss to property and physical company assets.
Please contact Faye Pullenger-Brooks for more information.