Aon is one of the largest providers of pensions services in the UK. We have over 1,300 employees and advise over 1,000 funded Defined Benefit pension schemes of all shapes and sizes.
This gives our clients access to a deep pool of resource and talent, and the breadth of our experience means that – whatever you are facing, we will have dealt with it before.
We are able to offer a first-class support team, supported by out market-leading infrastructure of specialist support teams and calculation resource. Our aim is to provide a team that can meet all of our clients every need and eventuality.
Some key insights to our specialist expertise:
- UK’s largest corporate pensions team, with over 90 dedicated corporate consultants advising over 400 clients nationally.
- Award winning advice, over 20 industry awards in Investment, Risk Settlement, Innovation & Thought Leadership in last five years
- Pioneering advice on Alternative Financing covering over £2bn of Asset Backed Securities
- Team of pension M&A experts with a track record of adding substantial pension value in complex UK carve outs. On average we complete 50 scheme merger exercises a year
- Team of 65 dedicated member options experts, consisting of trustees and corporate specialists.
- Aon have advised on more member option exercises than any other consultancy since 2018, and we are currently advising on more than half of all bulk member option exercises.
- In the last 4 years, Aon’s member options team has spent:
- 100,000 hours on member options projects
- 30,000 hours on research and development
- Aon has the largest team of UK risk settlement specialists and are the market leader, being leading advisor on 40% of all risk settlement deals since 2019 and have led on advice to over 100 deals since 2016. This includes being lead advisor on the 3 largest UK bulk annuities to date
- Our funding advice has saved our corporate clients over £10Bn in deficit contributions in the past five years