Employment Practices Liability
Aon Risk Solutions' Professional Services practice provides its clients with the most comprehensive and cost-effective Employment
Practices Liability ("EPL") coverage available, no matter where in the world
they do business.
Since 1994, we have developed and negotiated proprietary enhancing endorsements that recognize the unique exposures that professional service firms face. In other instances, we have negotiated manuscript policies exclusively available to our clients. Because each firm's insurance needs are unique, we also work with insurers to further refine individual policies to meet those specific client firm needs.
Our EPL policies typically have:
- Choice of counsel provisions, to include the ability for law firm insureds to
- "Insureds" include the firm, its partners, shareholders, members, directors and officers, and its full-time and part-time employees (past, present or future)
- Coverage of claims brought during the policy period by past and present employees, job applicants, administrative agencies on behalf of employees, partners, members, etc., and third parties (e.g., customers and clients)
- Coverage for judgments, settlements, back and front pay, punitive damages (typically with limitations), the multiplied portion of multiple damages, pre- and post-judgment interest and defense expenses (attorneys' fees plus investigation expenses)
- Coverage for prior acts (except for entities acquired after policy inception)
- Defense for breach of employment contract
- Broad coverage for workplace torts
In addition, the Professional Services practice has dedicated claims advocacy
counsel and claims collection specialists with over 25 years of claims-handling
experience. We maintain active relationships with insurance company senior management, product line managers, line underwriters, and claims professionals to ensure appropriate points of access for our clients and, most importantly, responsive claims resolution.
Our team can carefully craft an EPL policy that provides a professional service firm with the financial protection it requires, as well as the means to resolve employment matters quickly and confidentially.