Construction, Power & Infrastructure (India)
Global construction spending has increased exceedingly and the risks inherent in the projects can be contractually and financially complex, region-specific, and multinational and multi-enterprise in scope. We provide tailored solutions to help organisations anticipate and effectively react to these challenges.
At the same time, the growing global demand for energy coupled with increasing environmental pressures is creating many conflicting challenges for the power and utility sector, leading to a surge in the need for effective risk management and insurance.
Aon’s integrated Construction, Power & Infrastructure Practice provides seamless, comprehensive risk management service to clients, during both the construction and operational phases.
Acting for owners, developers, financiers, contractors, and construction professionals, we have successfully implemented and serviced insurance programmes for many of the largest construction and engineering projects, as well as annual operational insurance programmes.
We have strong relationships in all global insurance markets and can provide a broad range of risk solutions backed by superior service, tailored to each client's specific needs.
Our dedicated team in India allows us to provide our clients with comprehensive knowledge of the regulatory, financial, technological, environmental, and geographic aspects of the construction and power industries.
- Reviews of contractual risk – assistance with risk allocation
- Drafting insurance and indemnity clauses
- PPP and PFI project insurance solutions
- Alliance project solutions
- "Arbitraging of risk" techniques to reduce total cost of risk (not just insurance cost)
- Lenders due diligence advisory services
- Risk Engineering
Some Solutions We Offer:
- Contractor Controlled Project Insurance Programmes (CCIP)
- Owner Controlled Project Insurance Programmes (OCIP)
- Delay in start-up protection
- Project marine cargo
- Annual contract works programmes
- Contractors' plant and equipment insurance
- Annual Operational Insurance
- Latent defects insurance
- Environmental impairment insurance
- Political risks
- Project and annual professional indemnity insurance
- Public liability and completed operations