Aon Australia recognised for commitment and achievement in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives for second consecutive year
SYDNEY, 28 June 2023 - Aon plc (NYSE: AON,) a leading global professional services firm, today announced it has been awarded the Insurance Business Diversity, Equity and Inclusion 2023 Medal in Australia in recognition of its commitment and achievement in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) initiatives.
Aon is the only firm among its peers to receive the 5-star award this year, as well as for the second consecutive year.
The Insurance Business Research team reviewed the DE&I initiatives of firms over the past 12 months to determine the winners. During a 15-week process, the team conducted one-on-one interviews with DE&I professionals to gain a keen understanding of industry standards and learn which companies met or exceeded these expectations.
“The award demonstrates our purpose in action: to shape decisions for the better, to protect and enrich the lives of colleagues, clients and communities around the world. As the only one of our peers included in the list of 5-star medal winners in Australia, it is a testament to our industry leadership in this area and our commitment to increasing awareness and opportunities for underserved communities. We will continue to champion and celebrate diversity and inclusion in all forms, across all levels of our firm and in our industry,” said Jennifer Richards, chief executive officer of Aon Australia.
In Australia, Aon delivers a range of DE&I initiatives for its colleagues, including:
- Increasing the number of women in management roles by 25 between 2022-2023 and continuing to progress in closing the gender pay gap.
- Working with INCO Australia to support the growth of access to technology for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities.
- Hosting the “Under the Microscope, are micro-aggressions really so micro?” session at the Dive In Festival of Diversity and Inclusion as a major sponsor.
- Exploring how equity impacts women in the workplace during an International Women’s Day panel event.
- Celebrating the LGBTQIA+ community during Sydney World Pride.
- Volunteering with the Beacon Foundation, working with high school students moving to education, training or employment.
- Launching the Self-ID campaign to help Aon understand the makeup of its workforce to inform how it can best support colleagues.
Deb Gibson, client director and leader of the Inclusion Business Resource Group and member of the Asia-Pacific Regional Inclusion and Diversity Sub-Committee, added, “We are thrilled with this recognition. There are higher expectations for organisations to ‘walk the walk’ when it comes to diversity, equity and inclusion. I am proud of the way Aon is leading our industry in this space and this award demonstrates our commitment to taking positive action on inequality and issues faced by segments of our population. DE&I initiatives help our colleagues feel more relevant, connected and valued so they can reach their full potential – and an inclusive workplace has incredible impact on wider communities.”
For more information about Aon’s DE&I initiatives, visit aon.com.au.
Aon plc (NYSE: AON) exists to shape decisions for the better — to protect and enrich the lives of people around the world. Our colleagues provide our clients in over 120 countries and sovereignties with advice and solutions that give them the clarity and confidence to make better decisions to protect and grow their business.
Follow Aon on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Stay up-to-date by visiting the Aon Newsroom and sign up for News Alerts here.