Pensions Training 2021
We will be running a full schedule of Defined Benefit, Defined Contribution and Pensions Governance training in 2021, please contact us for more details.
Defined Benefit Trustee Essentials
We are aware that some trustees of defined benefit (DB) schemes like to attend our Defined Benefit Part 1 and Part 2 courses in quick succession in order to fulfil their Trustee Knowledge and Understanding requirements.
That’s why we’re running a “Defined Benefit Trustee Essentials” course this year, which combines the Parts 1 and 2.
By attending this course you will:
- Build your knowledge of DB pensions very quickly
- Gain a clear understanding of your responsibilities as a trustee
- Have a practical look at the key issues and decisions that defined benefit scheme trustees now face
- Monday 11 October/Wednesday 13 October/ Friday 15 October (a.m.)
£900 + VAT per person
If you or a colleague are interested in attending one of our courses please click here to register.
For further information or for registering, email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Defined Benefit - part 1 (one day)
This introductory course is suitable for new Trustees and as a refresher for those with more experience. It will help you gain a clear understanding of your responsibilities as a Trustee. It covers:
- The current legal framework
- Benefits and scheme design
- Trust Deed and Rules and scheme documentation
- The parties involved
- Conflicts of interest
- Trusteeship in practice
- A brief introduction to funding Defined Benefit schemes
- The main asset classes and a brief introduction to investment strategy for both
- Defined Benefit and Defined Contribution schemes
- Trustees' liability and protections
Click on the date you wish to register for:
- Tuesday 14 December/Wednesday 15 December
Price: £450 + VAT per person
If you would like to register in 2021 please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Defined Benefit - part 2 (one day)
This course is suitable for more experienced Trustees who have either already attended the Defined Benefit - part 1 course or have some experience as a Trustee of a defined benefit scheme. It assumes an understanding of the basic concepts of trust law and trusteeship and some knowledge of asset classes and investment markets.
It provides a practical look at the key issues and decisions that defined benefit scheme Trustees now face, including:
- The role of the Pensions Regulator and the requirements placed on Trustees under the Codes of Practice including whistleblowing, notifiable events, and internal controls
- Scheme funding including the Statement of Funding Principles, assessing employer covenant and the use of contingent assets
- Risk management, flightplans and de-risking strategy
- Setting investment objectives and strategy
- Liability driven investment
- Investment managers and management
Price: £450 + VAT per person
Click here to see our Training Programme
Click here to reserve your place in 2021.
In our full 2021 brochure we set out the comprehensive range of assessments and training courses we offer, to help you take control.
Aon Solutions UK Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.