Aon | Professional Services Practice
Release Date: May 2022
Aon Webinar – Workplace Futures: The Value of the ‘Social Contract’ in ESG
On 31 March 2022, Dominic Christian, Global Chairman Reinsurance Solutions at Aon, member of the Aon Global Executive and Deputy Chairman of Lloyd’s, hosted a webinar that reviewed the complex topic of ESG through the lens of socially ethical business practices.
Failure to be true to ‘good’ moral standards in professional relationships, how you treat your workforce and how you approach to interactions with your local community can lead to reputational damage. In some instances, there can also be financial damage and executive liability.
The ESG Landscape
While ESG has been around for years, in the last several years focus on environmental, social and governance issues has reached a fever pitch. We tackle the forces driving ESG attention, as well as how firms can mount an effective response.
A conversation with David Sansom, CRO of Lloyd’s
Standing out Amid the Great Resignation
- What are the cutting-edge benefits and working models which truly differentiate firms?
- How can employers develop strategies focused on attracting and retaining the critical talent?
- What longer term strategies can employers put in place to help employees feel part of their values, commitments and culture?
Failure in Fulfilling the ‘Social Contract’ – Costly Legal and Reputational Damage?
- ESG and Board / Corporate Governance – Discussing the approach business leaders should be taking toward ESG
- Litigation landscape & ESG trends
- Board liability related to an organizations ESG targets and how a D&O / EPL policy might respond
The event was intended to demystify and discuss some key themes:
- Transforming workplace culture and adopting D&I practices
- Retaining and attracting quality talent through the Great Resignation
- Implementing strategies and solutions to strengthen effective leadership and governance
- Reviewing protection for your board from ESG liabilities if things were to go wrong
The webinar can be accessed here.
If you would like to discuss professional service firms and ESG, please contact Audrey Jenner
Vice President and Director