Energy Risk Engineering
Aon Energy is Aon’s global practice group dedicated solely to providing the highest level of service to the energy sector and related service industries. Aon Energy provides risk engineering, risk transfer and related services to the natural resource industries worldwide.
- Has over 300 energy specialists
- Transacts over US$2 billion of premium annually
- Transacts 40% of global energy premium spend
Aon Energy Asia
Aon has the largest group of dedicated natural resources professionals in the industry, residing in 13 countries throughout Asia, and supported by regional teams in Singapore and Hong Kong.
Our experience covers each phase of investments including:
- Financial due diligence
- Assistance in drafting and reviewing contractual risk and indemnity provisions
- Negotiating with lenders to minimise insurance provisions
- Arranging the full range of insurances required from the construction and development phase through to commercial operations.
Aon’s Energy Asia team currently handles:
- Upstream: Exploration, Construction and Operations for Energy & Production companies and drilling contractors
- Downstream: Construction and operation of LNG and gas processing, oil refineries and petrochemical plants
- Mining: Exploration, construction and operations for coal, gold, copper, nickel, uranium, etc.
Our team encompasses risk management and risk transfer expertise:
- Risk Management including: Risk Profiling, Loss Control Risk Engineering, Process Safety, Asset Valuations, Disaster Recovery Planning, Business Continuity, Delay in Start Up and Business Interruption Financial Modelling, Enterprise Risk Management and Corporate Governance Advisory
- Insurance including but not limited to:
Construction All Risks/Property All Risks, General Third Party Liability, Delay in Start Up/Business Interruption, Terrorism and/or Sabotage, Political Violence, Marine Transit, Operators Extra Expense and other specific coverages as required
- Claims processing and advocacy, including negotiating over US$300m of claims in Asia in the last five years.
Our expertise…Your performance
Aon Energy Risk Engineering guides our clients with a practical, not prescriptive, approach. For each of our services, we provide experienced, industry-tested consultants. Our team of professionals consists of experts in refining, oil and gas, chemical and hazardous process operations. Most of these professionals have a minimum of 15 years of operational and plant experience, and many are Certified Safety Professionals (CSP) and Professional Engineers (PE). Chances are, our team members have been in a situation similar to yours and can apply their real-world knowledge to develop a common-sense, effective approach.
During each project, Aon Energy Risk Engineering works with our clients as a part of their team. Developing a deep partnership allows our consultants to understand our clients, enabling us to provide solutions that work. This combination of applicable knowledge and close working relationships enhances problem solving and makes strong improvements within process safety, risk assessment, industrial fire protection and insurance risk engineering support possible.
What We Do
Aon Energy Risk Engineering has assisted clients in the development, implementation and ongoing evaluation of process safety and risk management programmes and services, including:
- BOEMRE Compliance: Offshore Safety and Environmental Management Systems (SEMS)
- Combustible Dust
- Consequence Assessment
- Design and Construction Reviews
- Facility Siting
- Human Factors
- Industrial Fire Protection
- Mechanical Integrity
- Process Hazards Analysis (PHA) and Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA)
- Quantitative Risk Assessment
- Safety Case
- Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) Program Services
- Training Services
- Underwriting Services
- Valuation Services
Precise, Practical, Professional
Aon Energy Risk Engineering professionals have extensive safety, risk management, process safety, fire protection, and regulatory management backgrounds. Many of our consultants are licensed Professional Engineers and are recognized as industry leaders worldwide. Several have conducted industry best practice workshops, authored numerous books, including CCPS publications, and played key roles in the implementation of industry standards. Our staff's combined experience culminates in over 200 years in the process industries.
Why Aon Energy Risk Engineering?
At Aon, with our up front commitment to risk engineering and loss control reports we understand our clients’ risks, which enables us to produce a technical and comprehensive underwriting report to enhance our negotiating position and drive competitive pricing in the insurance market.
With the broad array of protection services delivered by industry experts, and our global network and presence, we provide unrivalled risk consulting and insurance broking services that help our natural resource clients to manage their total cost of insurable risk more efficiently, and protect their balance sheets.