Healthcare Risk Management
Healthcare facilities are experiencing tremendous pressure due to public demand for the highest-quality, low-cost care, a shrinking workforce, and an aging population. Aon provides comprehensive healthcare risk management services, both clinical and non clinical, to meet the specific needs of the healthcare sector. We have an unrivalled range of expertise and experience working with public and private healthcare entities, providing safety and risk management advisory services.
Aon’s Healthcare Practice
Our team of healthcare experts empower results for clients by using data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce risk and improve performance. We offer tailored risk management and insurance solutions to Healthcare Service Providers, which includes:
- Public Healthcare Agencies
- Acute, Community and Specialist Hospitals (Public & Private)
- Residential Care Facilities for Older People
- Disability Services
Top 10 Risks for Healthcare Providers and Services
Our risk management services compliments our insurance broking and claims management activities by ensuring that we deliver a greater insight into a healthcare providers needs / risks, and focuses upon working with organisations, their CEO's, Executive Management Teams, Clinicians, Risk Managers and Multi-Disciplinary Groups to drive down all causes of injury / loss within the organisation.
The scope of our services in this area:
Oversight and Assurance
- Review of Governance Structures in the Management of Quality, Safety and Risk
- External Risk Advisors to Board Level, Executive Management and Operational Risk Management Committees
Provision of Technical Healthcare Risk Management Advice
- Meeting National, Regulatory and Accreditation Requirements
- Preparation for internal accreditation requirements such as Joint Commission International (JCI)
- Identification, assessment, analysis and management of risk
- Analysis of Incident trends and claims to identify priorities for quality and safety improvements
- Development or Review of Policies and Procedures relating to Healthcare Risk Management
- Establishment, monitoring and governance of Risk Registers
- Systems Analysis / Root Cause Analysis of clinical incidents
- Medication Safety Reviews
- Healthcare Records Audits
Risk Management Outsourcing
- Short term secondments into hospitals to cover clinical risk management posts for maternity or other absence.
- Delivering tailored workshops to Board members, Executive Management Teams and senior staff to provide them with the skills to risk assess, populate and manage their own risk registers.
- Risk Management Related Training Initiatives, including Risk Management awareness presentations; Incident reporting and Risk Assessment Workshops.
Looking ahead to 2024