Regulatory changes, demographic shifts and the increased availability of data have prompted a dramatic increase in the number of investors who are interested in exploring or implementing Responsible Investment initiatives.
Aon is an advocate for best practices in Responsible Investment, and we have spearheaded several initiatives to help provide our clients and the investment industry with future insights and guidance on this evolving topic.
The 2019 Global Perspectives on Responsible Investing report is available here, including additional detail and data about actions by investor type and by geographic region.
Our work in this area includes:
- Implementation of fund manager ESG ratings, providing transparency for our clients on how and how well fund managers are integrating ESG risks into their investment strategies.
- Development of deterministic projections scenarios looking at the potential impact of climate change on pension scheme portfolios and funding levels.
- Creation of an RI framework to establish a standard language and benchmark around common concepts and definitions.
- Partnerships with several notable organizations around the world, including being a signatory to the UN’s Principles of Responsible Investment.
- Development of research and other thought leadership to help clients judge whether RI initiatives will be beneficial to their portfolios.
- Researching additional funds and strategies that utilize RI strategies like ESG integration, Impact Investing and exclusion strategies.
Contact your Aon consultant or [email protected] to learn more on Responsible Investment.
Learn from Aon’s Retirement & Investment experts through our research, newsletters, whitepapers, and more at Retirement Solutions Insights