Aon’s professional services practice is the premier provider of insurance broking and risk advisory services to the accounting profession.
We have been delivering advisory and insurance broking services to the world's leading accounting firms for over 75 years. We have developed unparalleled resources, which include expertise in:
- Risk intelligence, including research and reporting
- Risk assessment, including actuarial analysis
- Risk funding strategies and program design
- Commercial insurance and reinsurance programs
National and international accounting firms: We understand how accounting firms operate and the risk environment they face, whether operating across Canada or internationally. Aon designs professional liability insurance programs tailored to meet the firm’s risk profile and risk bearing capability/appetite.
Small and mid-sized firms: Aon offers professional liability solutions adapted to small and mid-sized firms, including insurance above coverage purchased through provincial and regional accounting bodies.
As part of a fully integrated global team, our Canadian specialists offer a full range of solutions tailored to meet the size and needs of our clients, including:
- Professional liability: As the last line of defense against claims alleging professional wrongdoing, accounting firms need properly-adapted insurance coverage. The Professional Services practice is the world's largest broker of professional liability insurance. We offer a full range of policy solutions, including manuscripted wordings, as well as unmatched value-added services to help identify, manage and respond to professional liability risk and support clients in the event of a claim.
- Employment practices liability: Addressing risks our client face as employers, we provide our clients with the most comprehensive and cost-effective employment practices liability ("EPL") coverage available.
- Management liability: Most professional partnerships now employ a more corporate, business-like approach to management. Decision-makers are exposed to many of the same liabilities faced by directors and officers of public corporations. We offer management liability coverage tailored to meet our clients specific needs.
- Property & casualty: Our clients benefit from access to a dedicated team of professionals whose sole focus is providing property and casualty insurance brokerage and risk consulting services to professional service firms. We can offer and tailor from a full suite of property and casualty coverages.
- Cyber risks: As holders of large amounts of confidential data accounting firms face increasing risks associated with failure of computer security or breach of data privacy. We develop customized solutions, dovetailed with existing coverage, to address liability claims and costs incurred by the firm as a result of a cyber event.
- Employee benefits: For accounting firms that have difficulty accessing competitive and flexible benefits and pension coverage for their employees, Aon’s health and benefits consultants provide access to programs and expertise which offer lower costs and enhanced and adaptable plans to employees. These can lead to greater employee satisfaction and assist in employee retention.
For more information please complete the "Request Info" form, or contact one of our accounting firm experts.