Mental health problems are common; approximately one in four people in the UK will experience a mental health problem each year1, and it goes without saying that it’s important to look after the mental health of your employees. Although it’s nice to be altruistic, promoting good mental health can also have a positive impact on your business – healthy employees work harder, are better team players, and are more productive.
The Thriving at Work review stated that poor mental health costs the UK economy up to £99bn a year – of which £42bn is a direct cost to employers2.
Understanding what impacts their mental health through their day-to-day lives and then supporting your employees across all stages of the mental health cycle has become increasingly important.
Helping improve employee’s mental wellbeing is good for business:
- Helps to reduce absenteeism and presenteeism
- Supports employee retention
- Increases employee engagement
- Helps companies achieve their corporate responsibility goals
Expert support in improving employees’ mental health and wellbeing
We can provide expert support and consultancy on ways to improve the mental health and wellbeing of your workforce, including:
- Develop a mental wellbeing strategy and policy, aligned to your corporate objectives
- Run surveys and focus groups to identify your organisation’s unique challenges
- Organise tailored events to boost engagement
- Conducts workshops– on key subjects such as stress reduction, mindfulness, and resilience
- Improve awareness through training days for managers and directors
- Provide digital and print communications to help promote your initiatives
Mental Health First Aid Training
We can provide mental health first aid training, aimed to empower employees with an understanding of common mental health issues, an ability to spot signs of mental ill health and the skills to support positive wellbeing. Find out more >
Contact us to find out more >
Aon UK Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered in England and Wales. Registered number: 00210725. Registered Office: The Aon Centre, The Leadenhall Building, 122 Leadenhall Street, London EC3V 4AN.