Mental Health First Aid
Mental health problems are common and they can have a detrimental impact on employees’ wellbeing and their performance at work. It’s important for employers to take a strategic approach to mental health, from helping employees to stay mentally fit, to providing support for those who may be struggling. Mental Health First Aid has fast become the most popular training course amongst employers in the UK and for many is the start of their journey to better mental health at work.
Mental Health First Aid training helps businesses to create a community of support on the ground – empowering normal colleagues to look out for one another and provide in the moment support and signposting. The course provides an excellent grounding in mental health awareness, which can benefit attendees both in and outside of the workplace.
Mental Health First Aiders have:
- An in-depth understanding of mental health and influencing factors
- Knowledge to advocate for mental health awareness
- Practical skills to spot triggers and identify when people are struggling
- The confidence to intervene and provide emergency reassurance to someone in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills (such as non-judgemental listening)
All attendees of the full two day course receive certification of their qualification as a Mental Health First Aider.
“Equipping your employees with the skills to provide peer-to-peer support has innumerable benefits. Not only are you providing potentially life-saving emergency support for those who need it most, but you’re also facilitating a wider, cultural shift at your company. Creating mental health first aiders is about saying ‘we care, and we’re here’ – it goes beyond wellbeing.”
- Charles Alberts, Head of Health Management
Award-winning* strategic consultancy to help you set up your Mental Health First Aid programme for success. We help you to answer all the important questions – such as how to invite potential Mental Health First Aiders, how to select applicants, how to roll out the programme to employees, how to ensure high levels of engagement with Mental Health First Aiders, and how to look after the health and wellbeing of your Mental Health First Aider community.
Training at your company (or location of your choice):
- One and two day Mental Health First Aid training courses (up to 16 attendees per class)
- Half day Mental Health First Aid awareness courses (up to 25 attendees per class)
Please get in touch to discuss virtual delivery options.
Training at the Aon Centre, London:
- Two day Mental Health First Aid training courses for individual attendees. These are scheduled periodically – please get in touch if you would like to register your interest.
Our Mental Health First Aid training courses are delivered by an experienced trainer who has also trained all of our own Mental Health First Aiders. He provides a richness to the training through lived experience of mental health issues, experience in the real commercial world and a range of qualifications in mental health.
* 2019 Workplace Savings & Benefits “Mental Health Initiative Provider of the Year”
Aon UK Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered in England and Wales. Registered number: 00210725. Registered Office: The Aon Centre, The Leadenhall Building, 122 Leadenhall Street, London EC3V 4AN.