Aon | Financial Services Group
Multinational entities must consider their management liability risk and related issues abroad before structuring an executive protection insurance program. Our team is skilled at guiding firms through the diligence process and execution of a foreign management liability program.
It’s important to consider multiple factors during the due diligence process, including:
- Local insurance requirements
- Legal and regulatory liability
- Insurance-related taxes
- Claims environment in the country
- Contractual Indemnification issues
- Corporate indemnification laws
- Entity structure
- Corporate philosophy on purchasing non-compulsory insurance abroad
- Limitations of parent company insurance programs
- Insurer licensing footprint
- Broker global footprint
These factors influence whether non-U.S. management liability policies should be placed locally and, if so, what structure will help address a company’s needs and concerns.