Collaborations and Commitments
- Member of the Centre for Sustainable Finance in the U.K. and a founding member of ClimateWise
- Signatory to the U.N.’s Principles for Sustainable Insurance and the U.N. Principles for Responsible Investing
- Aon CEO Greg Case participated in a session on financing resilience at the Vatican’s and Notre Dame University’s third Dialogue on Energy Transition
- Continual participant in insurance industry forums such as the Insurance Development Forum
- Signatory to the Terra Carta in support of the Sustainable Markets Initiative and co-lead of two of the workstreams — one devoted to developing a Public to Private Solution Framework for a variety of catastrophe perils and economies and one seeking to accelerate product innovation across the insurance industry
- Aon is an observer on the Task Force on Naturerelated Financial Disclosures that is working to deliver a market-led framework for organizations to report and act on evolving nature-related risks
Green Horizons Summit at COP26
In 2021, we were proud to take part the Green Horizons Summit (GHS@COP26), organized by the City of London Corporation and the Green Finance Institute and sponsored by Aon, which set out to mobilize private capital in the global push to achieve net-zero emissions across the economy by 2050. GHS@COP26 tackled the big questions we face in accelerating the flow of capital into climate and nature friendly investments, translating commitments into action and helping financial institutions “green” their business models.
Aon was privileged to share perspectives and insights on several key topics, including financing net-zero, modeling climate risk, disaster resilience and the role of insurance and investment in mitigating and managing risk.