Aon is a leading captive and insurance company manager in the Netherlands. We are a full-service provider with services relating to financial and insurance administration, financial management, Solvency II services, set-up and implementation of captives and insurers and various key functions (compliance, actuarial, risk management). For more information, we refer to our captive solutions practice section on the aon.nl website.
Jointly with our colleagues in Malta, we also offer a dedicated protected cell company solution, specifically tailored and only accessible to Dutch companies, called White Rock Netherlands.
About the Netherlands
The Netherlands is not a typical captive domicile, however a number of companies do operate captives in the country, including captives owned by non-Dutch parented companies. The Dutch regulator De Nederlandsche Bank (DNB) offers a robust supervision framework in general and does have good knowledge of the specific characteristics of captive insurance companies. More information on DNB supervision on insurance companies can be found on https://www.dnb.nl/en/supervision/vergunningen/index.jsp.
What advantages does the Netherlands offer as a domicile?
- De Nederlandsche Bank is a robust and stable supervisor, with specific knowledge about captives
- Local community of ‘captive owners’ that jointly evaluate supervisory and operational topics
- Good reputation as a domicile, with good infrastructure and a professional business environment
- Chosen by many holding companies of international companies including Asian and American companies
- Relatively low and declining corporate tax rate
- Experienced Aon professionals that offer expertise in all aspects of captive and insurance company management
Our offering includes
Aon’s Captive & Insurance Management - Netherlands
Rotterdam, 3063 ED
Tel: (+31) 10 44 87509